LMC has developed a detailed design for a standard CALM Buoy for mooring of FSOs at offshore fields or for loading or offloading oil products in near-shore locations at refineries or oil offloading terminals.
The CALM Buoy consists of 3 arms; namely mooring arm, product piping arm and counterweight arm. The turntable is supported on a single slewing bearing.
The CALM Buoy is designed for the following:
- 400 tonnes load from the tanker
- Flexible chain stopper/skirt design to allow for 6 – 12 mooring legs
- Water depths up to approximately 120m
- Environments up to 4.0 – 5.0m Hs, dependent on exact location and configuration
Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation (EPCI) solution
LMC are able to offer full EPCI services for CALM Buoy systems via the EZRA organisation in Singapore. EZRA is a publicly quoted company in Singapore and has a 100% holding in LMC’s parent company. They own a fabrication yard in Saigon, Vietnam and also construction vessels able to tow, transport and install a full system, including pipeline. Saigon shipyard has already built other CALM buoys. Alternatively, the Buoys could be built in any reputable yard familiar with marine and offshore construction.
LMC has also developed an in-house design for a CALM Buoy Swivel, and has recently provided a similar unit on the Bualuang FSO turret.
LMC’s experience and expertise in CALM systems can be defined as follows:
- Detailed design and modification
- Technical Specifications
- Operation & Maintenance
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manuals
- Feasibility and cost assessments
- Third Party Review
- Expert Witness and survey for damage assessment and review
- Engineering upgrades and modifications to existing units
- Preparation of Operational Documentation
- Offshore attendance during installation Locations include Ghana, Middle East and West Africa and clients include Perenco, Chevron, Maersk Oil Qatar, DONG, PTTEP and many others.