Owing to the nature of the offshore oil and gas industry market in recent years, LMC has seen a big increase in Front End Engineering Design (FEED), Pre-FEED and Design Competitions being performed for major contracts.
LMC has the capability to perform an independent assessment and determine the most suitable mooring system to be deployed at a given site, taking into account such parameters as Metocean conditions, soil conditions, existing infrastructure, proposed vessel and offloading parameters.
LMC can develop the conceptual designs and perform a feasibility study of a variety of alternative mooring systems, and through our own experience and sub-vendor contacts can provide an expert assessment of the cost and schedule involved with each proposal.
LMC can then develop the conceptual designs whether the proposed system is a spread moored system or a more complicated internal turret.
LMC like to work closely with the Oil Company or Contractor to ensure that the developed design fully meets their requirements.
Third Party Review and Client Representation
LMC can perform third party reviews and design verifications for single packages to full turret mooring systems. LMC offer a technical service in order to support or act as Client Representative on behalf of the Oil Company or Contractor.
LMC’s experience for Third Party Verification / Client Representative includes the following:
• Woodside Chinguetti FPSO – mooring and risers system Third Party Review, for procurement and offshore installation
• Woodside Vincent FPSO – mooring and riser system for dis-connectable system Third Party Review, installation and operability
• Afren Okoro Setu – Client Representative for mooring system design and installation
• Afren Ebok – Third Party Review for moorings and jumper system
• Premier Oil Dua Field – Riser and Umbilical technical Third Party Review
LMC has itself recently been involved in:
• A FEED for and FLNG external turret for offshore Malaysia
• A FEED / Design Competition of an FLNG internal turret for offshore Brazil
• A Pre-FEED design for an FPSO in the Falklands
• A FEED for an FPSO internal turret in the North Sea
• A FEED for an LNGP in very shallow water, offshore Papua Guinea
• A Design Competition for an spread moored FSRU, offshore Chile
• A Turret / Spread Mooring Feasibility Study for an FPSO, offshore Malaysia
• A FEED for an FPSO offshore Tunisia
• A FEED for an FLNG offshore Malaysia
• A Pre-FEED for a Generic FLNG